Internship & Mentorship opportunities at AMC in 2022
Published on 28 January, 2022
Calling all future stars in 3D art for video games!
Do you want to start your career in game development? Looking for a mentor or a team to make your journey even more exciting?
Perfect! Then our New Shaper Program is for you. It’s an accelerated career development program designed to grow and hire top-performing artists.
To begin with, we’re opening 5 internship and 5 mentorship positions! Find out more details below.
As an intern with us here at AMC, you will go through specific tools and workflows. With support, you’ll be able to create and deliver one or maybe even more game-ready assets.
You will also learn how to follow artistic direction, as well as how to take into account the technical constraints that can appear in the industry. We encourage you to ask for feedback and work with the team. And of course, it’s always good to be curious and willing to learn.
- Become a part of the 3D Art team and learn the workflows we use at AMC.
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as poly counts, texture memory limits, and topology.
- Gather research and reference material. Then you’ll present designs and progress in visual and written form.
- Understand game requirements to create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation.
- Use your artistic skill to push the asset quality.
- Communicate and collaborate with your AMC buddy to ensure task direction and consistency of work.
- Learn best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- You already have a fundamental artistic knowledge, a broad understanding of the workflows and of course, passion for the craft.
- And you also have a pretty solid 3D Art foundation. This usually comes with knowledge of industry-standard software packages such as Maya/3DS Max/Blender, ZBrush, Photoshop, and the Substance suite.
- You’re pretty good at observing how things work in real life and have a sense of realism in both motion and construction.
- Challenges, new technologies and better ways to do things thrill you! You’re always willing to learn and improve.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills, so you can work smoothly with your team.
- You also have very good English skills.
Type: Full-time, paid
Duration: One month
Location: AMC office in Bucharest
As a mentee with us here at AMC, you’ll interact online with an AMC artist for two months, working on a specific asset. Your go-to page will be our Discord EDU channel.
This is where you’ll have access to a community of emerging artists and the AMC Training team. Here you’ll share your progress and you’ll receive feedback not only from your mentor, but from the entire gang of artists.
Interested? Perfect! Drop us a message at email@example.com with your CV and latest works.
Don’t forget to tell us if you’re applying for internship or mentorship.
Please note, due to a high volume of applicants, we are not able to reply individually. We’re trying to change that, but until then, you will receive a reply only if considered for a position. Thank you and see you soon!
See you soon!
“We’ve been very happy to work with AMC: from early stages until the end, they always did their best and reached our standards of quality within tough- and sometimes changing- constrains.”
Ahmed BOUKHELIFA, Producer, EDEN Games
“AMC was an excellent partner. Their work was done in a timely manner and to the standard that we were looking for. This included adapting to the unique “Graphic Noir” texture style that The Darkness II maintains. I would highly recommend them based off of my experience on this project.”
Jeff EDWARDS, Production, Digital Extremes
“AMC has shown themselves to be at the highest tier among our outsourcing vendors. Their talent is excellent and their technical expertise shows that they have years of experience working in the game industry. Highly recommended.“
Rodney LUM, Art Outsourcing Manager, Disney/Propaganda Games
“Our experience working with AMC has been excellent… a professional and well managed operation delivering high standards of work on time and to budget.”
Vassos SHIARLIS, Studio Outsource Manager, Disney/Black Rock Studio
“We loved using AMC so much, that we had them working back-to-back schedules starting with Mercenaries 2 and then continuing immediately on Saboteur. They did roughly 60% of our outsource work and their quality was excellent. When the time comes, we won’t hesitate to use them again.”
Carey CHICO, Executive Art Director, Pandemic Studios/EA
“AMC is a great partner! They always achieve our art quality expectations. They are adapting to changes quickly and deliver on time and budget. AMC’s character art team is top notch and we love the cooperation with the whole team!”
MICHAL DRTINA, OUTSOURCING PRODUCER, HANGAR 13
“We had the opportunity to experience the full potential of long-distance cooperation. We are extremely satisfied with the quality and productivity of our joint work on World of Tanks 1.0. AMC has shown that it is ready to challenge the complexity and tight due dates. Great specialists who know their field and are ready to constantly maintain and raise the quality bar.“
Yakov Yaskevich, Vehicle and Environment Art Supervisor, Wargaming.net
“AMC has been a pleasure to work with throughout the duration of our partnership on Scavengers. They always deliver high quality work, are very accommodating to any updates to the production schedule, and continuously seek to improve their craft. They’re a very dedicated team that has performed above and beyond our expectations, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with them.“
Audrey Mladina, Producer, Midwinter Entertainment
“Overall, the general collaboration was great. The quality of the delivered assets was great, coming with a great understanding in visual design, form and artistic language, and your experience helped us a lot with adapting our vision from the concept art phase to the 3D models. This was also emphasized by a great communication between our teams and I loved that we shared the same work ethics and mentality that are center focused on delivering the best quality work we can produce.“