Character Technical Artist
Added on 24 August, 2020
You are a bright, positive and high-energy individual, with genuine passion for digital art & video games. For you, integrity, honesty and solid work ethics are not negotiable. And you are simply… nice. If all the above apply, then you are really close to what we are looking for: a Character Tech Artist whose mission is to improve the ability of our Art team to achieve maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort and who, through creativity and innovation, will pioneer tools – both internally, and externally.
Along with your passion for video games, your values and work principles what would get us closer is also an essential set of skills and know-how. Below is an idea of what we mean by that, but know that we will welcome you for a meeting regardless if you tick each and every one of them.
So it would be great if you:
- have an understanding of cutting edge technology and tools, as well as an in-depth knowledge of the production process for digital art assets in video gaming industry;
- a solid understanding of 2D/3D packages (Photoshop, Substance Painter / Designer, Zbrush, 3DSMax, Maya etc), and their respective scripting language;
- stay on top of industry trends and identify the potential for innovation;
- easily understand new technical needs;
- adapt to client tools;
- rationalize your technical view in order to translate information into recommendations and persuasion;
- have the ability to communicate information & ideas aloud or in writing, so that others can easily understand them;
- can communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing;
And if you also have other great skills to show, such as the ones below, it is even better:
- you can also always keep a composed & collected attitude, react and cope well, especially under pressure and in difficult situations;
- are able to give constructive feedback and are comfortable when receiving;
- can motivate and inspire your colleagues and in the meantime, explore, experiment and push the conventional bounds to find creative ways to solve situations;
- if you can work in close cooperation with other departments and clients, if needed, and if you are proactive with your tasks and in general, at organizational level.
To get through the first phase of selection, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a portfolio link and, most importantly, your reasons for wanting to join us by 15 September 2020.