Lead Environment Artist
Added on 28 December, 2020
You are an inspiring 3D Artist who strives to lead the development of your team and who simply loves helping others grow. You have a badge somewhere that reads “Collaboration is king”, and that’s because you really believe in the power of teamwork. You inspire integrity and honesty and believe that work ethics are not negotiable.
You push the standards of the craft. You are the Yoda type of influencer, with legendary wisdom and mastery of the 3D Force. “The greatest teacher, failure is” and “Pass on what you have learned” are the mantras of your team.
- Ensure every asset your team creates meets the required/given standards.
- Match the required art style of a project.
- Cooperate with the artists to streamline the art creation process.
- Sculpt/model high poly models, low poly models, UVs, bake maps, create high quality textures(as an artist).
- Communicate with the client’s operational team regarding all the phases of production for your team’s assets.
- Work with your team to create a plan and a schedule.
- Contribute towards implementing the objectives of your team.
- Motivate, inspire and grow your team.
Tangibles you have in your garden:
- 5+ years in the Digital Art industry with a proven track record.
- Ideally a degree in Arts.
- Understanding of cutting edge technology and tools.
- In depth knowledge of the production process for digital assets in the Video Games Industry.
- Strong ability to rationalise your Artistic view, in order to translate information into recommendations-making, and persuasion.
- Attention to both big picture and details.
- Ability to communicate information & ideas aloud or in writing, so that others can easily understand them.
- You have experience or are comfortable working with remote teams.
- Strong knowledge of 3dsMax or Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance painter.
- Proven ability to work independently and obtain outstanding results.
- Proven ability to work under pressure without compromising the quality and the deadline.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Intangibles that you cultivate, feed & prune:
- Ability to always stay composed & collected, react and cope well, especially under pressure and in difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate fluently & efficiently with other departments and clients if required.
- Ability to give constructive feedback, and comfortable with receiving it.
- Ability to influence, motivate and inspire your team.
- Ability to explore, experiment and push past the conventional bounds to find creative ways to solve tasks.
- Proven ability to lead teams, communicate fluently & efficiently with other departments, and clients. You are proactive within your tasks and at an organisation level.
What’s in it for you?
- A team that thoroughly values our values.
- A nice work space in the centre of Bucharest, with a flexible schedule (remote or at the office).
- A performance management process which encourages autonomy, high performance and growth.
- Training budget for our professional development plan.
- Opportunities to take part in shaping new generations of 3D artists through educational & community programs.
Please apply below with your CV, portfolio work, and most importantly your reasons for wanting to join us.